Ready for Work online courses
Course Name: Thriving in diversity
This course aims to improve awareness in a number of areas:
- the benefits of a diverse work environment in which individual differences are celebrated and respected.
- the ways in which we all exhibit prejudices, just as we have all been victims of prejudice at some stage in our lives.
- the ways in which we can all contribute to the eradication of harassment and discriminatory behaviour.
The course has seven sections:
- Getting started
- Exploring diversity : Which explores what it feels like to be different from the majority.
- Who needs diversity: Which looks at the benefits of diversity for both employers and employees.
- Challenging stereotypes : Which looks at the dangers of predicting behaviour on the basis of common stereotypes.
- Breaking down barriers : Which explores the ways in which discriminatory behaviour can be overcome in practice.
- Check your knowledge : Which gives you a chance to assess how much you have learned about diversity.
- Epilogue : A final word