Ready for Work online courses
Course Name: Health and safety in the office
This course aims to improve your awareness of a number of key aspects of health and safety in the office:
- Your responsibilities for health and safety.
- How to minimise the risk of injury or discomfort while working at your workstation.
- How to avoid electrical hazards.
- How to avoid injury to yourself and others through handling and lifting.
- How to avoid slips, trips and falls.
- What to do if an accident occurs.
- What you can do if there is a health or safety risk which is not being properly addressed.
The course has seven sections:
- Getting started
- At the workstation : What you can do to ensure your comfort while working at your workstation.
- Electrical hazards : How to avoid risks associated with electrical equipment, cables, plugs and sockets.
- Handling and lifting : How to avoid injury if you have to lift heavy or awkward items.
- Slips, trips and falls : How to avoid accidents and what to do if they occur.
- Check your knowledge : A chance to check how well you have retained the key messages of the course.
- Epilogue : The final say.