Ready for Work online courses
Course Name: Working with the internet
This course focuses on the Internet, and the ways in which it can be used to help us in our working lives. This course has a number of purposes:
- To provide you with a better understanding of the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- To help you to work with the World Wide Web and your employer's intranet more efficiently. (An intranet is like the Internet except confined to a single organisation.)
When you've finished the course, you'll be better prepared to take advantage of the many opportunities provided by the Internet, whilst avoiding any risks to security and privacy, and complying with your employer's policies.
Following the introduction, you'll find seven further sections which explore different aspects of the use of the Internet at work:
- A short history of the Internet
- How the web works
- Finding your way around the web
- Working with web content
- Ensuring security and privacy
- Check your knowledge