Ready for Work online courses
Course Name: Me and my career
This course possesses no magic ingredient that can assure you of success in your career, however you define success. In the end, that's your responsibility. What it can do is help you make progress in a number of ways:
- in clarifying your goals for the future.
- in recognising where you are now: what you have to offer, what you want and what you need.
- in looking carefully at possible jobs, to see how well they meet your requirements and how well you meet the job requirements.
- in moving forward to make things happen that will help you to realise your career goals.
The course has five sections:
- Getting started
- Take a look at yourself:Which helps you to assess where you are now, what you want and what you have to offer.
- Looking at jobs:Which provides a way for you to analyse particular jobs to see how well suited they are to you and you are to them.
- Careering ahead:Which helps you prepare a plan of action.
- Epilogue:Which has the final say.